Trucking Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Trucking Insurance Information
Florida Trucking Insurance
Businesses that operate vehicles of any kind need commercial vehicle insurance. And when you operate commercial trucks, your policy solution will come from specialized truck insurance. By choosing People Trucking Insurance as your coverage supplier, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of a full trucking insurance portfolio provided by an independent, customer-focused agency.
We work with multiple insurance carriers, and that enables us to offer you a range of policy options that you can choose from to implement the right coverage for your operation. Our policies can include various liability, physical damage, trailer, cargo and other commercial trucking benefits. We’ll ensure you receive the best coverage at the best value through our commitment to outstanding services.
For more information, call us at (888) 995-8986 or request a quote by choosing from the options below:
Common Trucking Insurance Questions
Commercial trucking companies assume a high degree of liability for vehicle safety and the property left in their care. They do their best to ensure that they deliver their products to the correct places and without accidents along the way.
However, nothing is certain, and in the event of accidents, you’ll often face considerable recovery costs. Proper trucking insurance is a resource that will help you afford these expenses without sacrificing your critical company assets and facing insolvency. Your policy can provide extensive benefits for multiple loss scenarios and make your overall operations more secure.
To design a proper trucking insurance policy, you will likely need several benefits. These include:
- Physical Damage Insurance: This will pay for damage to your truck and trailer. If you do not own the trailer, then you will need non-owned trailer physical damage coverage.
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance: You generally have to carry this coverage when you haul cargo for clients. It will insure the items in case of losses.
- Primary Trucking Liability Insurance: This coverage pays for third-party injuries or property damage arising from the trucker’s at-fault accidents while on dispatch.
- Non-Trucking Liability Insurance: You can extend your liability coverage to times when you drive your coverage for personal or other non-business purposes.
- Trucking General Liability Insurance: This coverage applies to third-party bodily injuries or property damage that occur when you park your truck and are in the process of loading, unloading or performing other business with it.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: Truckers injured in accidents usually qualify for workers compensation, which will pay them a supplementary income as they recover from their injury.
- Bobtail Liability Coverage: When driving a truck with an empty trailer or with not trailer attached, this coverage insures you for the costs of accidents.
- Environmental Liability Coverage: Truckers who carry hazardous materials will need this coverage to pay for the costs of cleaning up damage caused by spills resulting from wrecks.
By law, most truckers and trucking companies must carry certain amounts of coverage.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires at least $750,000 in primary liability coverage.
- Most freight shippers and brokers also require drivers to have liability insurance, too. Their requirements might vary from the FMCSA requirement.
- Most companies must have workers compensation for all full and part-time employees.
- If you have financed your truck, then you will likely have to carry physical damage insurance.
Other coverage requirements might also apply, so don't hesitate to discuss your operations with our agents to learn more about any coverage requirements.
All trucking insurance policies come with different costs, and our agents can help you comprehensively review your needs and risks to offer you a competitively priced quote on your policy. We can also help you optimize your benefits so that you always receive the best value for the coverage you need.
We offer full-service permit assistance for all Florida motor truck operators. Click here to learn more.